Heather Toupin says she dictated the list to her grandfather. The “Kitten????” is priceless. I was stoked to see the Star Rider, a cool toy that was made only for a couple of years. Glow in the dark Shrinky Dinks were a thing.
Archive for the 'Christmas Lists' Category
“My old B.B. gun just doesn’t have enough power to kill what I want to shoot.” Yup. The letters are from a Texas newspaper. Lots of Atari and tabletop/mini arcade game mentions, especially Pac-Man, and one brave soul asked for “electronic Dungeons and Dragons.”
An epic two-page list the author of Life in Smirley World bestowed upon her soon-to-be destitute grandparents when she was eight or nine. Some thoughts I had while going through all the items:
- Gold snake belt?
- “Rubik’s cube on the key chain (comes that way)”—I had one of those! Cheap bastard.
- Animal Posters?
- I like how she sneaks Parakeet in between Barbie Dreamhouse and Ziggy bookmark.
- There appears to be some conflicting emotions regarding Preppies.
- I had Missing Link and Pyraminx too. Frustrating bastards.
- “$2.00 (for something certian I want)” followed by “Money” is pretty gutsy, and priceless.
- I like how she sneaks Atari in between paint by numbers sets and Tri Lab Pak.