Movie Theater Marquees: Jaws (1975)

Jaws Marquee 1975

Above: The Rivoli Theatre, New York City, June, 1975.

Below: The State Theatre, Sydney, Australia, 1975.

Jaws State 1975

Jaws State 1975-2

(Images via Thin GhostFeej, Sydney Morning Herald)

6 Responses to “Movie Theater Marquees: <em>Jaws</em> (1975)”

1. 1 Anon June 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I remember the lines and proudly waiting in them to see something amazing. I would never do so again given what I know about the crap that passes for a movie these days. Even forgetting the number of theatres that do assigned seating, the last movie I (2WTN was there and I bet it was the last time for him as well) lined up for was Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Movie. Between that and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I basically never go to the movies anymore. Funny thing is that we went to a friends movie at a film festival not too long ago and neither of us lined up in that stupid line that for some reason lasted 20 minutes. Fortunately we knew some people.

2. 2 2W2N June 28, 2013 at 3:09 pm

You lost me at the film festival part.

3. 3 Anon June 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Wow, it was 3 weeks ago. You’re getting as bad as my brother.

4. 4 2W2N June 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I remember being there, schmuck. I just don’t know what your point was.

5. 5 Anon June 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

My point was that I refused to stand in the line, regardless of whether or not I was going to have to sit in the front. If I got a saved seat, great. If not, I didn’t care.